2014 and 2015 PRESENTATIONS
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, November 2015
> Understanding and Using Your Data Power (Teacher as Data Coach)
Kissimmee FL, November 2014
> Making Data Collections Effective
Edmonton AB (Canada), October 2014
> Starting with Students
> Framing Instruction
> Using the Right Data
Cullowhee NC, September 2014
> The Educator's Quest
Crandall GA, August 2014
> From Questions to Instruction
> From Instruction to Grades
Dallas TX, June 2014
> Framing Instruction with Four Types of Data
- Southern Union Fall Education Advisory (Sevierville TN, September 2013)
- Pitt County Curriculum Summer Institute (Greenville NC, August 2013)
- ACSD Annual Conference Two-Day Institute (Chicago IL, March 2013)
- COE Research Consortium (Francis Marion University, Florence SC, March 2013)
- ASCD Conference on Teaching and Learning (Atlanta GA, October 2012)
- COE Fall Workshop (Francis Marion University, Florence SC, September 2012)
- Seize the Data NCCAT Bootcamp (Ocracoke NC, September 2012)
- SC Education and Business Summit (Greenville SC, June 2012)
- GCS ACT Leadership Retreat (Cary NC, March 2012)
- ASCD Winter Institute (Charlotte NC, January 2012)
- Title IProfessional Development Conference (Anne Arundel County Public Schools, Annapolis MD, December 2011)
- ASCD Conference on Teaching andLearning: Enhancing Teacher Effectiveness (Las Vegas NV, October 2011)
- NationalNDPC/Network Radio Webcast (April 2011)
- ASCD Annual Conference: Bold Actions for Complex Change (San Francisco CA, March 2011)
Click the link for each presentation to access slides and handouts. Please note that only 2013 and 2014 presentation materials are accessible for download. If you have attended a conference in previous years and would like to receive the presentation materials, contact Jennifer Morrison at email@example.com.
Chicago 2013 session participant comments:
"Jennifer Morrison is extremely knowledgeable about data collection and assessment, and is able to share it in an effective and useful way. She is an awesome presenter who gave the participants the opportunity to interact and learn from each other as well as from her. Most importantly, I am able to go back and immediately implement what I learned. What a terrific learning experience!"
"This has been an empowering pre-conference. I am leaving with a more comprehensive understanding of what data literacy means. I feel that I have the tools and knowledge to take back so that I can contribute to the turn-around taking place in our district. [Jennifer gave us] extremely valuable information and time to mentally prepare and plan for implementation."
"Jen presented solid ideas on assessment and data literacy that can be applied in any school setting. She demonstrated extraordinary thought and research to guide each participant to understand types of data and principles of data literacy. Jen’s use of varied teaching strategies kept us engaged and honored our learning needs."
"Jen Morrison is wonderful! She’s an excellent presenter, made space for participant voice, used presentation techniques that engaged us in making the learning personal, laid a theoretical foundation that was actually helpful, and honored the times of the schedule. I really appreciated her knowledge of her topic and the many ways that she has worked with schools, principals, and teachers…. The session is just what I needed, and I’d enroll in another session by her in a heartbeat!"
"This was an insightful workshop that I will value for many years. She provided many strategies that I am looking forward to implementing in my school."